Sunday, November 30, 2008

Week 1 Day 1 workout

Today was weight training for chest, shoulders, triceps, and core. For me, it was intense enough, given the fact I haven't done much in the way of upper body weight training since I stopped working with my personal trainer. I'm also doing some extra stuff (*) for lower back strength and flexibility, to counteract the effects of OA in my SI joint on the right side. I've been getting "tweaks" there lately, and don't want to wait until I tear a muscle before trying to do something about it. Here's the workout I did:

5 minutes on treadmill to warm up
Dynamic Warm-up sequence
2 x 8 reps Db decline bench press (10# Dbs)
2 x 9 reps Db incline bench press (10# Dbs)
2 x 8 reps Db shoulder press - strict format (7# Dbs)
2 x 6 reps Db push press - staggered stance (8# and 10# Dbs)
2 x 9 reps Db close-grip bench press (10# Dbs)
2 x 8 reps Db standing French press (1-10# Db)
2 x 10 reps Bb kneeling roll-out
2 x Planks - alt leg lifts, 5 sec hold, 15 sec total
2 x Side planks l/r 15 sec hold
1 x 10 reps Swiss ball alt arm/leg lifts*
Stretches for muscles worked plus lower back/hip/glute

I realized after I did everything that I didn't do a warm-up set on each lifting exercise. Next time!

Tomorrow my workout will be at 5:45 a.m. New routine, and I'm sticking with it.

3 comments:

Take One Stripper Pole said...

How are the 5:45 am workouts going?

Jadey said...

Hey gorgeous how have things been going? You have such a good start here.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue! How is everything going? Now that the holidays for behind me, here's to getting on track!

Update us, please...

Vickie